Friday, August 29, 2008

Holiday Weekend

Not too much to talk about today, but I feel like I should write a couple things.

I jammed my right thumb on Tuesday and it was swollen and black and blue, so I was using my pointer finger for the buttons on the controller. It's finally getting better and I think I can go back to using my thumbs. Pretty exciting!

SB, you going to watch Survivor: Gabon this season? Starts on the 25th of Sept and on of the castaways is the defending world champion in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I played that game for about 34 seconds, the worst 50 bucks I have ever spent.

Other castaways include a dude named Ace Gordon, who, I can already tell, I am either going to love him or hate him. Everyone else is your standard Survivor contestants, couple African Americans, a couple old people, a couple gay people, all mostly from California and New England.

Yeah, I get out early today for the Holiday weekend so I better get back. Dammer you going to post an interview this weekend?

12 comments:

Unky Warthog said...

Thinking about getting CivRev, but a little concerned it will cut into my already limited poker time.

How long does an average game take?

How long does it take to learn how to play adequately well?

Please weigh in.

locopuyo said...

yeah that's why I don't really want to get it. The game length is too long and I don't want to spend that long playing it.

Daymonster said...

Umm, well if you play a multiplayer match it'd be like 2-3 hrs. But if you play single player (which is still really fun even against AI) you can save whenever you want.

You pick up the basics really quick like in the first game, but then you learn how to master certain techniques as you continue to play.

Pablito Neal said...

the matches can take a long time, but it depends how aggressive you are. i was the zulus to test out rushing and finished a domination victory in 30 mins but that wasn't much fun. if you're not going for the domination victory it will likely take 5-8 hours but it is possible to save any time. it's a bit hard to remember everything you were working on after you load a saved game though

ShoesMcGee said...

I think I might pick up Civ Rev today after work, let me know if any of you will be on, otherwise you might see me learning in a single player game. On a side note, my roommate bought Braid on my XBL Arcade account. I watched him beat it last and my brain still feels like a pile of mush.

ShoesMcGee said...

PS... It will be my goal to start a nuclear holocaust, and if possible, nuclear winter and destruction of the earth. LONG LIVE MOTHER RUSSIA Thank you, that is all.

DJmaestro said...

I'm not totally up to date on CivRev, but is it out for PC. If so then I will most definately pick it up given that the local Wal-Mart has it in stock. I'm looking forward to playing it however if it is any bit as hard as Civ3 then I am going to have many troubles I think.

Daymonster said...

CivRev is only for consoles. It was built with the controller control scheme in mind. I don't think 5-8 hours is accurate I havent had a game go longer than 5 yet.

Jeff said...

If you have any questions for my bro's (Maestro's) interview get them to me soon. I have my round of questioning done and hope to have a post up either today or tomorrow.

locopuyo said...

hurry up, it's already past 8:30 AM and you haven't posted anything

Daymonster said...

No shit dammer, where is my reading material?!?

Jeff said...

Lol. I go in to work at 6:00 in the morning what the frick more do you want from me? I plan on putting it up right after work today.