Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Thoughts from the Monster

It's been a while since I posted anything, and that's because I have been camping for most of the last week. I also broke my phone and now am only capable of receiving calls, calling the last person that called me and occasionally being able to read a text/email. Not sure what I should do as my contract with T-mobile runs out at the end of September and I am tempted to get an iPhone with AT&T.

I would just get the new contract with AT&T today and let my t-mobile run out for the last month but then I would have to get a new number. I don't think my number is that important as I could essentially count the people on one hand that call me, but I would be kind of bummed to lose one of the final ties to MN. Currently I have a 612 number and I would most likely end up with a 312 number if I switched. Does that one digit make a difference? I could probably get a MN number here but then it would kind of be like lying. It would be like if I got a 212 number and claim that I am from NYC.

I dunno. What do you guys think? Puyo will say iPhones are for nubs and that real hackzors use a modded Nokia 5160 to play Starcraft on or the classic snake. Should I just renew my T-Mobile contract and get a new BlackBerry?

What's the Brokeback situation? Can someone please video tape the moment and post it on the site?

I'll be in MN the first weekend in October anyone going to be around?

10 comments:

Pablito Neal said...

you'll be in MN first weekend of oct!? there's a weezer concert oct 3 which is the friday. i was going to buy tickets soon for sb, josey, and i but it could be a cool clan get-together if you're coming and most of the others are within driving distance. tix for general admission are $48+ticketmaster charges.

Jeff said...

Ooooo that's very tempting Pablito...very tempting indeed.

Daymonster I think you should get a military walkie talkie from back in the 70's. Retro is in (or so advertisements make me believe) and you could really be ahead of your time on this one. Of course, you could also just buy an iPhone and stick it in the shell of a military walkie talkie but where's the fun in that?

Daymonster said...

I'd be down. Where is the concert? I have the alumni game on Saturday that I want to play in.

Daymonster said...

Also what time is it at? Flights are expensive so I would need to take off work on Friday probably to get there in time.

Pablito Neal said...

it's at the xcel and is supposed to start at 7. i'd like to be there as early as possible to try to get close to the stage

Unky Warthog said...

I have to take the LSAT on Saturday morning. Count this Unky out.

Josey WaIes said...

The phone I had for many years was put through the wash this weekend so I am also getting a new phone. I chose a basic phone at the shop, and asked if they had it in black. They did not have it at the store in black but informed me that the model I chose comes in black and has the batman symbol on the back. So I am currenlty waiting for my new batman phone to come in the mail, I suggest you also get a batman phone. The major advantage to the batman phone is that whenever it rings you can say "just a second I have to answer the bat phone," and yes that is cool to say. Do as you wish Daymonster.

locopuyo said...

I have a blackjack II for work. It's okay I guess. I know a guy that dropped his phone in a porta potty, and he actually grabbed it out of there but it didn't work.

Unky Warthog said...

..."he actually grabbed it out of there but it didn't work."

sounds like something i would do.

Jeff said...

The batphone sounds cool Josey. One of my friends from high school purchased a Race Car phone. He didn't know it was a race car until he got it. Then he received a call and made the noise of a race car zooming past. That pretty much cemented it.