Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Halo Madness

"It's called... 'TRASH TALK'"

"Ugly racial slurs, anti-Semitic rhetoric, homophobic chat and sexual innuendo... and guess who's listening? YOUR CHILDREN!!!!"




It's like a 21st century Reefer Madness, well maybe not that ridiculous, but pretty ridiculous none the less. It's your classic over-the-top sensational tabloid style reporting we have come to know and love, not just from Fox news but a majority of the TV news networks. Do you know where else there are swear words, homophobic and racial slurs? The playground, the school bus, TV, movies etc.

The report switches wildly between accusations of racism and warnings of credit card theft, before attempting to terrify parents by suggesting children could be abducted by sex offenders should they play on Xbox Live.

Now that I think of it, we should get some credit card numbers tonight.

Kof C Picture of the DayUnky and friend riding the 'goose together

Downloadable Content Alert!
The Halo Theme MJOLNIR Mix by Martin O'Donnell & Michael Salvatori is available for FREE on the Xbox Live Marketplace. It's actually a pretty fun song to play.

That's all I can think of for today, someone email me some questions for Unky Eternal.

4 comments:

Pablito Neal said...

obviously i don't mind swearing but the racism really annoys me. i'm not black, gay or jewish but i wonder what these people think when they're constantly being degraded. i also wonder if there's any gay people who like halo?

Josey WaIes said...

If I could not swear I could not play Halo.

Daymonster said...

Yeah, I agree it's really anoying when people say racial and homophobic slurs, or even the "i am going to kill you in real life" people.

But there are ways to prevent it and it's certainly not Xbox Lives fault.

"You heard the F Bomb today?!"

Jeff said...

If I could not swear I would have no way of describing my feelings for Isolation, Snowbound, being Mauled by Maulers, how long it takes to fire again after a shot with the human sniper, covenant sniper overheatings, 60 rank - 6 star generals playing social when all I wanna do is kill nubs while relaxed, the list goes on. Unkies I'm going to be at Luther this weekend for the cross country snow football game on Saturday. Let me know if you're around/drinking.