Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Call of Duty 4 Gun/Perks

I only use 3 different classes in my everyday Call of Duty play. I am going to let you in on my secrets so you can be as amazingly good at COD4 as me. These sets are for Team Deathmatch as other game types will definitely change the perks you use.

Standard/Mid to Long Range Weapon Perk Set
Gun: M16A4 with Red Dot Sight and Digital Camo
Perks: Bandolier (Extra Ammo in clip)
Stopping power (More weapon damage)
Deep Impact (Better bullet penetration through walls)

Notes: I kind of switch off between the Bandolier Perk and Special Grenades or Claymore. When I become a level 41 I will be using the 3 extra frag grenades in the first perk spot. The use of Deep Impact is kind of in contention because I tried not using it and it felt like it was harder to kill people even without a wall in the way. Sometimes in the city maps my last hit on them is right as the turn the corner so that's why I use it but I am open to comments.

I use this 95% of the time and spend a lot of my time flanking. I have gotten pretty good at seeing people before they see me and that is what is important. If you can see them before they get their reticle on you, you can kill them in usually 1 pull of the trigger with the M16. Sometimes two if the noobs are using Juggernaut.

Short to Mid Range Weapon Perk Set
Gun: MP5 with Red Dot Sight and Digital Camo
Perks: 3x Special Grenades (Usually Use Flash or Stun)
Stopping power (More weapon damage)
Deep Impact (Better bullet penetration through walls)

Notes: I have played around with using Marytrdom with this set as often I die at extremely close ranges in maps like Wet Work and Vacant (The Office Building). I use the Flash grenades a lot as it is good for going around corners inside. Again, when I become a level 41 I will be using the 3 extra frag grenades in the first perk spot.

Short to Mid Range Stealth Weapon Perk Set
Gun: MP5 or M4 with Silencer and Digital Camo
Perks: 3x Special Grenades (Usually Use Flash or Stun)
UAV Jammer (Jams enemy radar)
Deep Impact (Better bullet penetration through walls)

Notes: Pretty much I use this in the same maps as the one above so again, I have played around with using Marytrdom with this set as often I die in narrow corridors. I use the Flash grenades a lot as it is good for going around corners inside. When I get to level 44 I might use Dead Silence (Less noise when running) so I can knife people easily.

Like I said, I use the Mid-Long Range 95% of the time, Short-Mid Range 4% of the time and Stealth 1% of the time. The other two class spots I play around with new weapons I get as I unlock them. When I get the P90 that will take the place of the MP5. I am interested in what other people are using.

9 comments:

Daymonster said...

Don't miss Unky's post below this one.

Josey WaIes said...

Is there a website you can see all the weapons and perks?

Josey WaIes said...

Addy I have not unlocked the G3 yet, but I am exicted to do so, how would you compare it to the M16 mid to long range, also how would you compare its power, it should be a lot more powerful considering it fires a much larger round, is this reflected in the game?

Daymonster said...

you can go to this site and see all the stats from the PC version. Not sure if its the same as the 360.
stats

adeclipse said...

Hey Josey,

The G3 is not as powerful as the m16 in that you normally have to fire a few shots into the person to take them down, but what I like about it is that there is hardly any recoil. So if you are shooting at someone running across the map you have a lot easier time hitting them. I go back and forth between the g3, m16, and m4, pretty much i wanted to unlock the scopes and things for all of them and try that out. I have found that i really don't like the long range scope that you can get for them at all. I think it's harder to aim with it than with the red dot scope. As far as the range goes, i don't really see much difference with the g3 and m16. They both can reach out and touch someone from a pretty good distance.

Josey WaIes said...

Good to know Addy, thanks. That is too bad it is not more powerfull, it should be. I hope I unlock it soon and then I will get a try for sure.

adeclipse said...

No prob Josey, i think that it would be more powerful per bullet actually shot, but the m16 is shooting a 3 shot burst. So, when you pull the trigger on the m16 you're technically firing 3 shots, and with the g3 you're shooting single bullets each time. It's also a semi automatic so that you can unload several shots pretty fast.

Jeff said...

First impressions after using the M4.

The fact that it is fully-automatic does not overcome its lack of range. It was very frustrating right away because I didn't have the red-dot, however when I got that things really started looking up. With the M16 you can survive with no red-dot, but with the M4 it actually ruins your ability to see your enemy when you bring up your sights.

The lack of range in the M4 might be more a result of how it "walks" as you fire into the distance. The level titled "Bloc" (the one with one russian square with a statue in the center and two building looking across at each other, kinda reminds me of Boarding Action from Halo 1) was the hardest because with the M16 I garnered a lot of kills by headshotting from across the map and you can't do that with the M4. In most situation I was able to get one shot into the enemy, but subsequent shots could not zero in on the same point because of the recoil.

That being said however, one of the smaller middle eastern city levels was actually a nice fit for the M4. Distance wasn't as much of an issue.

Josey WaIes said...

Good point, Addy, the burst fire is great, I picked up a G3 a few times last night. I like the super low recoil, I will have to give it a go when I get it unlocked.

Dammer I gave the M4 a shot last night, I actually got the red dot for it just from picking it up in game, after that I make a class for it and started a few games with it. I hear what your saying about hitting the first shot but not following up the second or third, I just held the trigger down and kept the sight on where the guy was, that worked but I would unload a clip just to get the kill, this only took place at a good distance, close range its fine.

I also have a silincer a shot last night on the M16, I like it but having iron sights sucks, I wish I could have one with a red dot. I like the idea of not showing up on radar.