Monday, February 4, 2008

RROD Information and Blog Vandalism?

Microsoft defines the Red Ring of Death (RROD) as "three lights on the Ring of Light (RoL) flash red on the front of your Xbox 360 console. The upper-right quadrant light is the only light that does not flash red." Read the offical support definition here and the first step of trouble shooting. (I'll let you in on the secret, you are supposed to restart the xbox and hope.)


If that doesn't work (and of course it won't) Team Xbox has the the best resource for RROD in my opinion. Read about the process here.

If you want a short term fix you can do the towel wrapping procedure (you essentially wrap it in towels, turn it on and heat up the machine so the solder re-melts and re-forms the connection) this might work for a couple days but it will eventually go back to the RROD and may void the warranty.

Once you decide you want to send it back go to Xbox Support sight here. And click on "Repair Console" on the right side of the page. You need to log in or register at xbox.com if you haven't.

Also, who changed the colors and format of the site? I am all about change and updating the sight but don't make it look shitty. Everyone knows the Times New Roman font is for school papers not for Clan Blogs. My guess is that it was Josey but I could be wrong.

Since we have been playing other games and not just Halo (COD4, Rockband, etc.) We could create a new title logo. I'll try to make a couple and we can vote on them. What do you guys think?

EDIT: I decided to just go ahead and change it because the red and blue was pissing me off. This is what I came up with. Let me know if you hate it or like it or any other ideas you might have.

26 comments:

Jeff said...

I was surprised by the color changes as well, however I was really happy the Giants won the Super Bowl so I was ok with the Red and Blue. The font was kind of agonizing though.

Daymonster said...

Yeah, but the Pats were red and blue too.

That was a sweet game.

Josey WaIes said...

I changed it, I was getting sick of looking at the same old stuff. The options were limited so I just did it quick. I like the new logo, and the page as it is now.

Unky Warthog said...

I was very disappointed I could not watch the Super Bowl. I am also glad the Giants won, though. It's no longer debatable that the NFC East is the best division in football.

Josey WaIes said...

Thanks for the post, the first steps have been taken.

Jeff said...

IMHO that was the best low scoring Super Bowl ever. I generally don't like to watch games with no offensive happenings, but the defenses were still able to keep the game exciting, which says a lot. I've never seen a D-Line dominate an O-Line with 3 pro bowlers on it the way the Giants did...and they only had to bring 4 guys to do it.

Daymonster said...

I was trying to explain this. Everyone at work today was talking about how boring the super bowl was and that even their husbands/friends/etc. were bored with it.

It was low scoring but it was really exciting and fun to watch brady always being hurried.

If it would have been high scoring the pats would have won too. Eli Manning, a great manning? Or the GREATEST Manning?

Josey WaIes said...

I know you can choose you weapon camo, but can you choose your personal camo?

Anonymous said...

my eyes are still burning from the previous theme change

Daymonster said...

I think it corresponds to your starting weapon... sniper - ghillie suit etc.

Unky Warthog said...

Eli Manning, too early too judge.

His career numbers aren't all that great, but he has been pretty extraordinary lately.

Daymonster said...

Unky. It was a joke. He is certainly still 3rd. behind Peyton and Archie as of now. But he did look pretty good down the stretch.

Josey WaIes said...

Ya I knew that, I was just hoping I could choose it myself.

Jeff said...

Y'all are forgetting about Cooper Manning. Is it coincidence that the best Baseketball player ever was named Cooper (or Coop to his beloved fans)? I don't think so.

Seriously though, Eli made huge strides this post-season and deserves some credit. There's no reason we can't see a Peyton vs. Eli showdown in future Super Bowls. I'm curious to see if Eli can remember how he's playing right now during the offseason. He's gonna take a lot of shit if he goes back to his old ways.

Point of interest, Eli and Peyton's quarterback coach has said Eli has the ability to end up as the better QB.

Buck said...

I regret to inform everyone that I will be without Xbox for the next week as well for I too have been plagued by the RROD. They should send me a new one before I even get the box to send my the one I have now. I would gladly pay extra for that!
On an even better note...I loathefully enjoyed watching ESPN over and over again last night and again this morning to hear them say what a disappointment the Patriot's season was and how their entire season is now tainted by the fact they didn't win the Super Bowl. Hehehe!

locopuyo said...

Is it possible to set the blog up so that it doesn't have a predefined width and expands to fill the whole window?

locopuyo said...

I changed it to use the full width. Sorry dammer, at 800x600 the chat thing is a little squished, I suggest you buy a new computer.
Set widths are for nubs.

Jeff said...

I changed the right sidebar to 25% (it was at 20% if anyone wants to change it back) so that the shoutbox would fit at least on my screen. I'm thinking the font size needs to be smaller if we're going to take up the whole window. It's kind of a pain to read.

Jeff said...

I added some margin to the left on the .post class and .date-header class in the css. 25px to be exact. I like a little more space so the text isn't right next to the side of the screen and posts have a word or two less space per line. If you don't like it I can take it off. The paragraphs tend to get really skinny otherwise, which kinda looks weird IMO.

locopuyo said...

I'm liking it a lot better like this. It is a bit wierd when the paragraphs get really thin, but I'd very much rather it take up the whole screen. And if you don't like web pages using that much screen you can easily just shrink your browser window.

locopuyo said...

oh yeah, i edited the top banner image so it blends in better on the right side, you could probably do a better job using the source art.

Josey WaIes said...

Somone add another COD4 dude on the top right, there is space.

Josey WaIes said...

I realized it depends on screen size but there still is space, no one has smaller than a 20inch screen.

Jeff said...

Laptop users do.

Josey WaIes said...

Did you buy a new labtop?

Jeff said...

No not yet :(