Tuesday, February 5, 2008

New Maps for COD4 and Other Cool Things

- Activision announced that they are releasing new maps in the spring. So far they are pretty vague on what exactly they will be releasing but I don't think any of us will be unhappy if we reduce the chance we get Wet Work by any percentage. No mention of the number of maps, the types of maps, the release date or the price. Pretty much Activision was like "yeah, we will have some new ones sometime in the future," but that's still better then them saying nothing. Read more about it here.

- For those of you like me, who has no idea what map is what on COD4 until they get in the game, (besides Wet Work of course) here is page with a bunch of video walk-throughs of all the COD4 maps and their names. You don't have to watch the videos to see what map they are talking about the single screen shot will have you going "oooohhh yeah I know that map." This might come in handy if we ever need to talk about them on the blog.

- I don't know if this is considered cool or not, but it certainly is interesting. Squatting bear was up sometime before 10am CST today. Apparently he was going to eat with Unky Deb and Unky Rod for lunch. No word on if Rose Bear was in attendance.

- Obviously you have all noticed the new format of the blog. I didn't mind the set widths as it gives control over how things look on every computer but the people have spoken (Dammer and Puyo) and I accept these changes. I also updated the title image so it blends a little better. But remember that was made with a program at work only slightly better than MS paint.

- Check out this Xbox 360 laptop. It's pretty cool.

- Anybody else think these shoes are ugly?

- For those of you who care about the COD4 vs Halo battle that seems to be going on in forums and articles across the series of tubes that is the interweb. IGN has a pretty in depth comparison of Call of Duty 4 vs. Halo 3. They don't really give a verdict but they do break it down from everything from Campaign to Multiplayer to Game play philosophy. It's a good read if you got some time on your hands.

- RockBand has been selected as the Best Videogame at IMAGINA 2008. What the fuck is an IMAGINA?

- After months of rumors and conjecture, RockBand is coming to the Wii. But no one here cares.

- And finally, I'll be online playing COD4 today/tonight after work if anyone wants to join me.

17 comments:

Daymonster said...

Adeclipse. Every day I check to see if anyone is online playing what and you are always online.

Jeff said...

I like having adjustable widths so that no one is forced into something, but it did take away some of the color on the page. I might test out some different non-offensive background colors so the page doesn't look so black and white. I don't want color underneath the text in posts however, so no fears on that.

Daymonster said...

I played a long with bringing back a small border on the left side but it added it to the right and fucked it up. I also changed the pixels on the right side bar to 26.

Daymonster said...

I meant to say a i played around with

DJmaestro said...

Personally I think that the blog is a lot harder to read when the paragraphs are so strung out and thin. It's easier to get lost, and it's much easier for the eyes to go up and down then to the right for nine years and then down to the next line.

Jeff said...

Yeah taht's what I thought as well. Things can be done though to help out. If anyone has anything interesting to throw over onto the right side that can take up space that'd be good. It could even be as simple as moving the voting and shoutbox over there for interactivity and leave the right side more for linkages to cool things.

Jeff said...

I mean left side....moving some stuff to the left side.

Daymonster said...

can we do that with this template or do we have to change everything.

Jeff said...

I havn't a clue. I'm looking into it now. If crazy shit starts happening do not be alarmed.

adeclipse said...

Daymonster you must look just when i'm online then. Although I am on quite a bit I guess.

Daymonster said...

Dammer save the code and then upload it if things really go bad.

locopuyo said...

If you think paragraphs are getting to thin, just reduce the width of your browser window. It is some sort of official standard that web sites are supposed to fill the whole width of a browser, and I stand by it firmly.

Jeff said...

Well yeah I agree no one should use set widths unless they have JScript to sniff your browser-size and adjust accordingly. However, most web sites are more than just a post on the left and a collection of things on the right of interest.

Daymonster I just realized you can preview the window before saving changes so don't worry. All my changes are reversible I promise :)

Josey WaIes said...

What is the other vote for?

Josey WaIes said...

If people did not know, you can download a progarm on your computer to make COD4 maps.

Unky Warthog said...

Other vote is for neither. I have yet to play and can't imagine any of them being very good.

Warthog got wasted last night, not feeling the best.

Daymonster said...

Josey, you need COD4 on your comp to make the maps and test them. I am thinking about it but I dont think my comps processor is up to snuff