Friday, February 8, 2008

Tips from the Daymonster

Yesterday I dropped off 19 shirts and three pairs of pants at the dry cleaners. When I pick those up today it's going to cost me more than 50 dollars. It's definitely worth it, because the last time I tried to wash some of my dress pants I really messed them up. On occasion I will iron my own shirts, but only on rare instances as I would always rather pay someone $1.50 to do it for me. For those of you who do not know how to iron, I will give you the tricks I have learned.

1. Make sure the iron is a the right temperature. Hotter for cottons, cooler for mixed fabrics. Just look at the dial on the iron. I'd tell you about using the steam feature but the iron I bought doesn't have one because it was 10 dollars.

2. Iron the top back part first (up near the collar, where your shoulders are) by sliding part of the sleeve into the ironing board tip and then doing the other side the same way.

3. Now do the collar. Lay it flat on the ironing board and go over it fairly quickly. The collar seems easy to burn.

4. Do the sleeves third. Unbutton the cuffs and iron those. Then take your time and make sure you make a single crease from the shoulder to the cuff and flatten out the sleeves. Iron the sleeves very carefully. Switch the sleeve over and make sure there are no wrinkles and line up the crease again. Iron that side.

5. Now to the main part of the shirt. Iron the one of the front sides and work your way around. Be careful between the buttons.

6. For extra crispness use some spray on starch. The can recommends spraying the whole thing first but I think spraying each part as you iron works better. Make sure you let the spray penetrate the fabric or else it can get really shinny or get white flakes.

7. Or get a shit-ton of the Downey Wrinkle Releaser, some Febreeze and call it a day.

There you have it, my tip for this Friday on how to iron your shirt. Stay tuned for next week when Squatting Bear shows us how to make a lovely double-chocolate fudge bundt cake.

Also, here is a Wired Magazine interview with Shane Kim, corporate vice president of Microsoft Game Studios. It's long and kinda boring but it gives a bit of insight into where the Xbox is going.

Call of Duty 4 won AIAS Game of the Year. The game also beat Halo again this week for most played on Xbox Live. Pablito, it's 50 bucks, go buy it.

Writes and major media companies end writer's strike.

7 comments:

adeclipse said...

Ok, here's where you messed up Daymonster. I like that you're really trying to iron and clean your clothes here. But, these are the Adeclipse steps to cleaning and ironing your clothes.


You ready for this?


Step 1: Get a woman to do it for you!!!


It is naturally in a woman's DNA to be better at us at cleaning. Plus we have a lot more tolerance to being dirty than a woman. Even when I was dating my wife she would get frustrated with my apartment and start cleaning it. To this day I still cannot fully wash a load of clothes without checking in with her first to make sure that they sorted right and set right, and she does not want me to try and screw up.

So there you go, those are Addy's steps to washing clothes. For more information please visit www.allaboutthesexism.com.

Daymonster said...

That's a good point. Damn, I should have thought my post through all the way.

Pablito Neal said...

the writers' strike is really over? thank god, i can't wait for new office eps. also i can finally finish working on my halo fan fiction.

Daymonster said...

I had no idea so many people liked Deep Impact. All it does is increase the ability for bullets to go through walls.

Jeff said...

There are so many kills to be had by firing through stuff though that I think it's vital to feeling cool. Killing someone when they think they're safe is the best feeling in the world.

locopuyo said...

"Killing someone when they think they're safe is the best feeling in the world."

lol, stop eating people

Josey WaIes said...

First, Daymonster thank you for sharing your tips, I have to dress up every now and then for law school shit, and I am running out of clean shirts, so your tips will come in handy, really thanks.

That said, Adeclipse system is way way better. Adeclipse my hat is off to you, you said it right!

Also Daymonster's I agree, 50 bucks go buy it toby!!