Monday, February 25, 2008

Links for a Lazy Monday

Not too much going on today. I am giving blood at 1pm and I never really enjoy doing that. Here are a couple links that might be of interest.

- If anyone wants an HD-DVD player for their Xbox it's only $50 at Best Buy.

- So I was at Best Buy yesterday, buying some stuff for my sweet new PS3 and I saw that Halo 3 themed 'rollers and the legendary edition of Halo 3 was priced super cheap. I decided to take a risk and purchase them and put it up on eBay. If it doesn't get above the price I paid for it I'll just keep it. I could use 4 controllers anyway and you know I always wanted a Master Chief Helmet.

- Square Trade, the company that issues the warranties for the Xbox 360 said that 16.4% of all 360's fail. Microsoft countered by saying it is merely conjecture and that the methodology they used was faulty.

I agree with Microsoft, I bet that figure is waaay off. Seeing that almost half of KofC has lost their box to the RROD, I bet it's way too low.

- Also I can't stop thinking about where Josey's 360 is. Josey please comment below on what exactly your note said that convinced the Mail man to pick up a UPS packaged. Did you say in the note that it was an Xbox 360?

- You might have noticed that the functionality of the Shout Box kinda sucks now. The 3 months of the advanced version that I purchased has run out. I don't think I am going to keep paying for it as no one seems to use it any more. But any thoughts about it are welcome.

- Last but not least is the music video from Jimmy Kimmel Live. As I think some of you have seen the video with Sarah Silverman and Matt Damon, last night Kimmel had a response. I have no idea how they got so many celebrities to go along with it. It was pretty good.

9 comments:

Josey WaIes said...

I wrote on a sheet of computer paper in large print "Please take out going mail" this was after the box and been sitting there for over a week. Now it is gone I can only assume it is on its way to being fixed.

Pablito Neal said...

i was thinking more about your auction, i told you i estimated $50 but i think you should make your money back.

that music video's hilarious

Daymonster said...

I would be interested in seeing where this package is... do you have the tracking number?

I wish I could have seen the luck on the USPS guy.

Pablito Neal said...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7262770.stm

Josey WaIes said...

I dont think I have that number I wish I could find it, it would be good to find out where it is.

Jeff said...

I read that Wii article this morning as well. It makes me wonder how much money could be made by a drinking establishment if they offered 4 person Wii play. Of course any vandalism to said Wii would result in a fine and removal from the premises. Ten bucks for 4 people and one game of something, winner gets a free drink? Hmmm....personally I would rather throw real darts instead methinks.

Josey WaIes said...

Dammer come visit us this weekend, I am on sprig break so I dont have to do homework!

Jeff said...

You need to tell me these things in advance man, I'm taking the gf to my home this weekend. why is your spring break at a time when it isn't spring yet?

Josey WaIes said...

I dont know man, dude take her a different weekend, just think you could be playing vids with me all day on saturday, how sweet would that be.