Thursday, February 28, 2008

Xbox Customer Support can S my D

So I just got off the phone with Xbox customer support to change the address to my work address so someone at work can sign for it. And that took about 30 minutes to do, apparently giving the Serial Number of the Xbox, the Reference number of the request, giving my address, phone number and credit card information wasn't enough for them to believe it was me.

But that's not the worst part. I put in this request about a week ago and according to UPS my empty cardboard box should be at my apartment tonight. I think it is bullshit that an empty box takes 7 days to get to my apartment. I checked the UPS shipper at my building and an empty box (less than 1 lb) would cost about 4 dollars to ship ground. If it was 3 day it would be about $4.45 and if it was 2 day it would be about $5.50. Now I realize that a dollar or two would add up after a while, but fuck that. They shouldn't have every Xbox fail within the first year.

Now if that was all it was; two weeks to get my Xbox back it wouldn't be a big deal. But they said I should expect it to take 3 whole weeks (15 business days) once the Xbox gets to the service department before it would be fixed and then it would be shipped ground it back to me. There is no way in hell that it takes 3 weeks to fix the problem, it means that they are so backed up from every Xbox failing that it will likely sit in a warehouse while other Xboxs that were sent in 20 days ago get fixed. Why don't they hire some more high school kids to speed up the fucking process. Bill, stop worrying about Malaria and World Hunger and fix my fucking Xbox!

So that means, 1 week to get the empty box, 1 week to send it back, 3 weeks to get it fixed, and another week to get it sent back, if I am lucky. For a grand total of 6 weeks. Does that seem ridiculous to anyone else? Tilla, Dammer, others, did it really take 1.5 months to get your Xbox back (and I am not counting the week it sits by your mail box in front of your apartment).

I am looking at flying to MN one of these weekends. Is there any weekend that is better than others? Let me know.

On a good note: my ebay auction is into profit territory. It's a good thing that my Xbox is broken otherwise I totally would have opened the packages.

11 comments:

adeclipse said...

I was wondering why I hadn't seen you on recently. Makes more sense now that I see that you had the RRoD. As far as Microsoft's claims on the percentage of xboxes failing I bet it's something like 18%, that is of course per month though.

Jeff said...

It took me about 3 weeks methinks. I was not waiting horribly long, and I remember it being a lot quicker than they estimate.

Unky Warthog said...

oh man i don't even wanna get into my broken box experience. it was about 3 months (not weeks) to get all the component parts shipped to me. it was so bad. like 10 phone calls.

DJmaestro said...

It sounds to me like Microsoft needs to let UPS insource their XBox maintenance so you don't have to wait for UPS to send it to Microsoft instead UPS just takes care of it and sends it back. A lot of other companies do this and from the problems that everyone has with Microsoft it sounds like they aren't doing it and they should be.

Josey WaIes said...

Well we had five yes votes, who voted yes, just wondering.

Daymonster said...

I said yes (I assume you are talking about the poll)

Jeff said...

I said yes. I wanna start from scratch with the knowledge I'll have after playing that much. That and I wanna keep incentive to play.

Josey WaIes said...

cool, i was unsure, but it seems like it could be fun. Does anyone know what you get for doing it other than a new thing by your name, what else changes?

locopuyo said...

COD4 can S my D.
I'm pretty sure it makes sure you get shit players on your team if you have a good win ratio. 5 straight games in a row it put me on teams that were utter shit. I was the only one with more kills than deaths on my team 5 times in a row. I left the lobby after every one and joined a new game. In one game the opposing team got 4 helicopters in a row. I had to call it quits when it joined me in the middle of a game on the losing team in a game hosted on dial-up. It was fucking ridiculous, everyone warped all over the place. Everyone was complaining but none of them quit out. I turned off my box after 2 minutes of that bullshit. FUCK YOU COD4 FIX YOUR FUCKING SHIT.

Jeff said...

Lol so much hate on the board recently. Happy Leap Day to everyone!

Josey WaIes said...

I agree with Loco, I get thrown into so many games that are going and I am alwasy on the losing team, or someone ends the game in the middle, or there is a connection problem, I hope the new stuff will fix this.