Thursday, October 18, 2007

KofC Posting Etiquette

So, I am probably the only person that cares about this, but this site is one of two things that keep me sane while I am at work. The other being this.

So I created a list of what I thought every post should have.

Here it is:

  1. Title (And it should be somewhat coherent and relevant.)
  2. Media (A picture, a Video, or even a list.)
  3. Links (If you talk about something, include the link.)
  4. Proper spacing and paragraphing.
  5. A post should be posted at least once a day (except weekends.)
  6. Only double post if its a pressing matter or related to a previous post.
  7. Everyone should comment on a post everyday (most of the good discussion will be through comments, so even if it's lame, right "lame" in the comments, but not this post, don't write "lame" for this one.)
  8. It should attempt to be funny (I know, I know, I am breaking the rules on this one.)
  9. Tags (Try to use ones we have already used, but if that's not possible, create one.)

Any of these rules can be broken for the right reason. If there is no image that can explain what your post is about that's fine, but don't just post some stupid shit about something that is all fucked up with run-on sentences. We may be a fine tuned killing machine, but we should be able to write legibly.

Essentially, all I am saying is nothing makes me more sad than when I check the blog (say, every 10-15 minutes) and not only is there no post from any of you but there are no new comments. Bastards!

I am sure there will be a major backlash to this post, but I don't want this to change anything between us. I want to fight (and most likely die) with you in battle.

P.S. Josey and I went on a solid 7-8 game winning streak last night after you fools went to bed.

3 comments:

Josey WaIes said...

Thank you overlord of blogs and grammer for the post. I hope people do post more that will only improve the site. Important note "anyof" is not a word(second to last paragraph). I dont give a shit about most of what was said in the post, however it would be nice if the overlord could take the time to follow his own etiquette, or more importantly inform the clan on additions to the dictionary.

Pablito Neal said...

ok, if daymont's in charge of etiquette, i'll be in charge of typos and punctuation for the posts. i believe comments are more informal and don't need all the same rules.

locopuyo said...

If someone wants to do my interview I'm ready.