Tuesday, October 30, 2007

NEWS ALERT: Scariest Pumpkin Award

Chicago, IL - The Daymonster, famed member of the storied Knights of Cydonia Clan, won scariest pumpkin at his office's pumpkin carving/painting contest. His entry "Ralph" beat out over 25 other gourdes to win the coveted paper ribbon.

"I really didn't think I had a chance. There was a real good batch this year, a lot of people can carve and they came out to show it tonight." said Daymonster.

For his efforts, The Daymonster won a gift certificate for one lunch or dinner expensable up to $40 dollars. A process that could take up to a month to get reimbursed.

"It's kind of a pain in the ass to be honest," Daymonster said. "I'll probably forget to expense it or make a mistake in the paperwork and end up having the foot the bill for the 40 double cheeseburgers. But it was a nice gesture."

This award is the first received by a KofC member for pumpkin carving, but with Halloween approaching it will certainly not be the last.

4 comments:

Josey WaIes said...

Let me be the first to say, congradulations. I am very proud of you Daymonster, that is one hell of a pumpkin! I see you have some skills with the knife. FYI I carry a kinfe on my armor so if you ever need to carve a pumpkin in game you know where to find a knife. Or if you need to stab someone.

Pablito Neal said...

way to go monster. that's a good pumpkin. i hope you get your meal reimbursed.

Unknown said...

Nice of you to mention the brains behind the operation, but then again I'm not surprised that you would want to claim all the credit for yourself.

Daymonster said...

what ever, I wish we had a pick of your "pumpkin".