Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Notes from Wednesday

WTF! Where was everyone last night? After getting kicked off my first game last night, I had almost no lag for the rest of the time! I got my first "perfection award," apparently you cannot die and you must have at least 15 kills. I got it on team doubles on Guardian. It was pretty exciting.

Matchmaking Updates

As some of you might know Bungie released some information about Halo 3's Matchmaking Playlists. I would say I am happy about most of them except the shotty/sniper update. Here are the changes and they are live now.

  • Big Team Battle matches are now 16-player affairs.
  • In the Team Slayer playlist, the appearance of Shotty Snipers has been greatly reduced.
  • When players veto Shotty Snipers, the game that results from the veto will not be Shotty Snipers.
  • In one-sided VIP matches, the attacking team will now see a way point for the VIP they are hunting.
  • In Lone Wolves, Slayer game types will appear more frequently.

There you have it, the even though Bungie is breaking off of Microsoft, looks like they are still updating the matchmaking. Hopefully some new maps will appear in the near future.

Costume Conundrum

Seeing that it is Halloween season, I have gone back to my desire to make a Master Chief costume. A few years back I dropped about 150 bucks on making a Ghostbuster costume with some pretty solid results (yes, I realize MC is about eleventy billion times more complicated, but I have been reading up on the subject.

Here is the look I am going for.


It looks pretty accurate, although in mine I would like to maybe make the dual SMG's a little more realistic, and maybe paint it a different color.

This one I thought was alright (don't get me wrong, I would definitely be happy if this was the end result) but I was a little frustrated by the fact that everyone on the forum was calling this Master Chief "Gay." I couldn't figure it out, is it the rainbow tinted visor?

Anyway, I have all of the armor templates on my computer, I just printed off the helmet template (it's 20 pages of legal paper jigsaw pieces). I am going to try to go with the cardboard approach, as I don't have access to a lot of fiberglass or resin injectors like many of the die hard MC makers seem to have.

This is basically the model I am working off of. This so called "Trader Todd's Worker" built an entire MC outfit in a week or so for less than 30 bucks. Here is his helmet.

So what do you guys think, what is the possibility I could do this by Halloween? Or at least the next Halloween, my guess is I'll start it, get sick of it, and never touch it again (i.e. both fat blogs).

Early Edition Link-O-Rama

As some of you have read (Pablito Neal) ESPN had a pretty cool article about the MLGers.

Instead of trying to build a MC outfit, if I shrunk down about 100 lbs and a foot or two, moved to Australia and went to Kmart, I could just wear this.

Here is another article about the last few days leading up to Halo 3's release. It's a pretty interesting piece,\ except that they hint that the reason Halo 1 was popular was due to the 9/11 attacks.

SB purchase this VW Warthog.

I found this video to be incredibly hilarious, but I also find this site to be entertaining, but no one else seems too.

1 comment:

Josey WaIes said...

Tom nice post, I enjoyed it and was not aware of the new matchmaking things, they are ok, I am hoping for some more in the near futurue, like new maps and other game types or just different types of slayer. Also I fully support your costume, its going to be sweet, how may partys are you going to get to wear it at? Are you going to wear it while you play? It could make you better! I was on tonight after 12, I will try to get my shit done early tomorrow so I can play.